This recipe is one of my favorites to make especially for the kiddies as they are always the most amazed to see. eat and even help make this fun dish. the one everyone knows how to make Mashed potatoes which around this time of year of Halloween i love to make for my family no matter the age.
The great thing about making these is that it’s easy also you can also not add the food coloring and just add spooky decor using other foods. Try to stay creative.
- Salt and Pepper
- Green onions
- Green food coloring: For that spooky and vibrant Halloween look.
- black olives: To make the eyeballs to top the mash
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. Place into a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook till fork tender, drain and set to one side.
- In the same pot, place the butter and milk and warm til the butter has melted.
- Place the potatoes in the pot with the milk and butter and mash – add more milk if they are stiff. Taste and add salt and pepper to season.
- Stir in the chopped green onions.
- Add a couple of drops of food coloring and stir in to achieve your color.
- Place the mashed potatoes into a serving bowl.
- Add on the halved bocconcini and top with sliced black olives to create the eyeballs.
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying products.