This dish called Ropa vieja meaning old clothes is a cuban cultured dish that is simply delicious it’s made from pork and is normally served with white rice. so, let’s get it!
- Beef Flap Steak
- Vidalia Onion (or your favorite onion)
- Tomato Paste
- Fresh Cilantro
- Green and Red Bell Peppers
- Poblano or Jalapeño Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Heat a large pan or pot and add olive oil
- When oil is hot but not smoking add the meat to sear on both sides until brown (about 3-4 minutes per side)
- Add chopped garlic and sliced onion. Stir and let then sweat for a couple of minutes
- Add all peppers. Stir and let it go for a couple of minutes
- Add salt, cumin, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar and half of the chopped cilantro (just 1 tbsp, reserve the rest for garnish)
- Stir everything together and add 1-2 tbsp of water if needed
- Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for 3 hours, making sure to flip meat now and then and to keep the liquid level in the pan barely covering the flap steaks
- Take out the meat, pull it with two forks (it will shred effortlessly once the meat is cooked perfectly). Return it to the pan, stirring everything together. Cover and preferably keep cooking the stew for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the stove and serve immediately or let it rest for a few minutes. It is delicious no matter what and will be even tastier the next day if you have leftovers. Enjoy!!
For more recipes refer to my books AVAILABLE NOW! On paperback and kindle. Don’t have kindle? No worries! FREE UNLIMITED KINDLE Or for my DEAL OF THE DAY Or EARLY BLACK FRIDAY SALES. Also don’t forget to follow us n FACEBOOK,
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs i earn from qualifying products i thank you in advance for your service.
FOR MORE RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS CLICK HERE