When i think of the month of October and Halloween I think of the classic candy corn candies that are still one of my favorites around this season.
These candies aren’t only to be eaten singly one by one they can be used for multiple treat decor purposes on cookies, cupcakes and even jell-o shots as i am about to show you. Keep in mind these jell-o shots can be made non-alcoholic as well as with alcohol.
- Small box yellow jell–o
- Small box orange jell-o
- 1 pkg. Knox gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Dissolve lemon jell-o in 1 cup of boiling water and stir until dissolved then add ½ cup cold water
- Divide jell-o between 6 six-ounce glasses
- Place in refrigerator until completely set then make orange jell-o
- Dissolve orange jello in 1 cup of boiling water and stir until dissolved then add ½ cup cold water
- When jell-o is room temperature, divide the jell-o between the 6 glasses by carefully pouring mixture on top – place back in refrigerator until completely set
- To make white layer bring the milk to a boil then add the sugar until dissolved and remove from stove
- in ¼ cup cold water dissolve the gelatin and add to milk mixture
- Add vanilla and sour cream and beat well with mixer
- When mixture is room temperature (and orange jell-o is set) top off jell-o cups and return to refrigerator to set
- When completely firm, top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired and don’t forget the candy corn.
For more recipes like this one and others refer to my cookbooks below. Both are AVAILABLE NOW! On paperback and Kindle. Don’t have Kindle? No Worries! FREE UNLIMITED KINDLE
As an Amazon Associate, and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying products.